WOW is Houston throwing everything it’s got at us this summer or what?! It’s so hot out that cows are giving evaporated milk. So hot that farmers are feeding their chickens ice cubes to keep them from laying hard-boiled eggs. So hot that my brain is too fried to come up with a third joke.
Here are some good ways you can avoid spontaneously bursting into flames:
- Stay hydrated
- Drinking water (and lots of it) is the best way to regulate your internal body temperature. Plus, if you don’t drink enough, you could easily become dehydrated and pass out. Please drink water.
- Cool down your head and feet
- Did you know that the most heat escapes from your head and your feet? Which means you should definitely leave space up/down there for heat to get away (no hat, barefoot/ventilated shoes, etc.)
- Buy it. Use it. Reapply it. Re-reapply it. Seriously guys, skin cancer is the pits, use sunscreen.
- Think chilly thoughts
- Alternately titled “Don’t check the temperature.” That brain of yours sure can be tricky. A study tested cyclists in different temperatures and found that the only ones who actually experienced heat fatigue were the ones who knew how hot it was. In other words, what you don’t know won’t hurt you.
- Replace your windows and doors
- You heard it here first, Houston. Windows and doors do a great deal to keep the heat out and the cool in. The older your windows/doors are, the less chance there is that they’re doing their job properly. Odds are, you’re in need for a window replacement, and who better to do that than Superior Window Company? Contact us today for your free In-Home Demonstration!